Dtc p1336

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by floridajake69, May 23, 2012.

1. floridajake69

floridajake69 New Member

I have always been able to fix a problem after knowing the trouble code, until now. I have replaced both the cam sensor and the crank sensor. I still get the trouble code and experience the same problems. I was hoping some one would have some suggestions on what to do next. Am I doing something wrong or missing something?
    Thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. What are the symptoms of your problem?

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Yeah dude we kinda gotta know what your problem is first

5. Or at least the definition of the code...

6. OP
    floridajake69

floridajake69 New Member

DTC P1336
    Crankshaft Position or Camshaft Position Input Signal To Powertrain Control Module Concerns.

It feels as if the timing is off. Major hesitation when you floor it. Runs OK on the Interstate at 75 mph. Gets horrible mileage overall. Less than 10 MPG.

7. Spark plugs and wires changed? New coil pack installed? Could be a bad injector or something along the lines of that as well.

8. OP
    floridajake69

floridajake69 New Member

New plugs, wires, and coil pack.

9. Then it could be an issue with the electrical wiring before the sensors and such. Did you check for cust, stretches, breaks, etc...?

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This is something I am not too familiar with. I can recommend any wiring harness or plugs that may cause the code should be given a shot of electrode cleaner. Could be as simple as dirty, gummed up pins or something