Diesel???

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by 94lifted4x431s, Jan 13, 2010.

1. 94lifted4x431s

94lifted4x431s New Member

I was curious if any of you guys knew if there was a diesel motor that would go into a 94 4x4 without to many modifications. I realize all the running gear would have to change but Just curious. Gettin time to do something with the old girl.
    Thanks
    Erik

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

Here check this out, its an explorer but give ya the some idea. This guy used a jeep transfer case in order to keep the truck 4wd

http://mooktank.com/?cat=4

4. OP
    94lifted4x431s

thanks bro. im seriously thinking of doing this

5. Teamexploder

No problem, that'd be awesome man. You should go on youtube and search diesel ranger there's some vids on there of american ranger converted to diesel.

6. Jon

Jon Administrator

That'd be awesome to throw a diesel motor in there! You got to let us know how it goes and if you go forward with it.

7. OP
    94lifted4x431s

For sure guys. 4bt cummins motors are super cheap. The exspenive part would be the trans. and rear axel. :yes:

8. Teamexploder

:furious:
    Why not just use a Ford 9inch? It should be strong enough for you're doing. The only thing is, is finding one that's already narrowed down to width.

9. OP
    94lifted4x431s

Why not just use a Ford 9inch? It should be strong enough for you're doing. The only thing is, is finding one that's already narrowed down to width.[/quote]

This is true. didnt think about that.

10. Teamexploder

May even find one from a mustang that someone had setup for drag racing.

11. dos0711

dos0711 New Member

A diesel Ranger would be sweet...and should be available from the Factory...why isn't it?

12. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

3.0 Turbodiesel Powerstoke

[​IMG]

this is the engine sold here in latin america

13. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

OOHHH....I like it!

14. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

:furious: bastards :furious:

15. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

Hooligan, no you dont like it and Demon, no bastards at all!

Stay with american V6... trust me ;)

Now in 2010 the Rangers here will have the new engine, 4 cylinders 3.0 Turbosiesel, BI-TURBO! Thats an interesting engine!!!!

16. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I think I'll be the one on here to say I want a 7.3 turbo powerstroke in my ranger, but then again, pigs can't fly.

17. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That bad huh?

18. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

in 98 they used the 2,5 Maxxion turbodiesel (intercooler): THE WORST ENGINE

in 2002 or so, the 2,8 PowerStroke, much better, but still a ****

in 2005, the 2,8 PowerStroke electronic, better

in 2007 the 3.0 PowerStoke. Arround 150HP, much better engine, but **** compared with the 3.0 or 4.0 V6s american engines.

Trust me guys... nothing to do, stick to your V6s!!!!!!!

19. Demon

Demon I take no prisoners!

But still its a diesel

20. mfernandes

mfernandes Simply...FORD

yes, but they are not so economic as you might think. the 2,5 Maxxion was famous cause it was so so so bad (the S10 also uses that engine... exactly the same) they need to be redone only at 120K or so (kilometers... not miles; arround 73.000 miles)

Kevin 96 Ranger likes this.
  21. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Good to know!