Brake Fluid on Paint question

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by rango88, Oct 9, 2012.

1. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Yesterday while checking my brake fluid, some of it dripped on my fender, I thought no big deal, I used a soft dry cloth and carefully wiped it clean.

Today I learned that its corrosive to paint, so I quickly take another cloth, use soap and water to rub off whatever excess there was from yesterday. tomorrow I am going to the car wash.

Do you think my paint is now damaged?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

i think youre alright because you wiped it off

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

^^Agreed. I think since you caught it so quick you will be fine. If it sar for a few hours or more, then you should worry

5. OP
    rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

thanks for the input guys, I had a 2nd glance at the fender once it was dry and it looks good, still going to the car wash as my truck has mud on it :p

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

You should be good since you wiped it off quickly.
    A good wash, maybe even buff it out just for the old belt & suspenders approach wouldn't hurt :thumbsup: