Bolt pattern/hub size

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timbits588, Sep 25, 2012.

1. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

Ok so I'm hoping for any help and info that anyone can throw my way. I have a 2003 ford ranger 4x4 running the factory ford rims and tires. they are 245/75/16. I have a 1997 2wd ranger with 14 inch rims and 225/70/14 tires. I thought I would be able to take the extra set of 245's mounted on the 16 inch rims and put them on my 2wd to pass inspections since the tires on the 97 are basically bald. However, when I mounted them up it seems that the hub size is different. Is there anyway to find the specs on this or anyway to make it work? I searched but didn't find it and never really came across it on any of the forums. Out of the 4 rangers I've had the 97 i just picked up is the only one that wasn't a 4x4 so I guessed I assumed they would work. Any help is much appreciated!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 360Ranger

360Ranger USAF Veteran

>>>>

All Rangers are 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern, and don't understand why the 16's wouldn't fit.

I've put 99 rims on a 95.....now I doubt the 14's would fit on the one that had 16's since they would probably hit the calipers.

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

the main reason why they wont fit is the 4x4's sit a little higher than 2wd's the rims and tires will fit but will probably rub especially with it at full turn....

as far as the hub size most 4x4 rims have a wider center hole to accomidate the locking hubs...