Black Beauty :: 1997 Dodge Dakota

Discussion in 'Member Garages' started by Redneck_ranger, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Black Beauty :: 1997 Dodge Dakota (2012-01-25 12:32:28)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

booooo this is not ranger content..... lol looks good.... but needs a different emblem on it.... lol

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Different emblem? lol And no, it's not a Ranger, but it's my second baby haha

5. pooleo

pooleo New Member

ranger or GTFO!

:p

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Tell that to Flaresidexlt lol

7. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

Best body style of Dakota Ever IMO, I love those trucks too bad they werent the most reliable but it sounds mean even with the stock exhaust. My bro had a 2003 3.9L crew cab 2wd L/S. Drove great but a few issues with it and the 3.9L struggled to carry the weight of the crew cab.

8. rango88

lol :p

9. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

This truck has been the most reliable vehicle ever. Even after beating it through the woods, it held up A TON better than my truck lol

10. rango88

I guess the 5.2L is better then the 3.9L. my brother had a lot of coolant issues with it. How's the tranny holding up? I am guessing its auto?

11. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, it's an auto. I destroyed the support crossmember, which caused a ton of premature wear on it for about three weeks. It's just starting to go now.

12. rango88

manual swap when its done?

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I was thinking about it. My dad had an old 92, basic everything. Manual tranny. I was thinking a little about it to make it seem like the old one.

14. rango88

sweet man, I'd do it :) Dodge Auto trannys are :rolleyes:

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, they can be bad. But when you do
    [​IMG]
    to it, it really takes a toll.... lol

16. rango88

lol!!!!!!!!

17. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Train tracks the first time, then rocks submerged in mud. 3rd pic on the top row is when most of the damage occured. Then to stop it from vibrating the truck apart, my dad and I got the idea to take my chain, wrap it around the member, and yank it back out by a tree.

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am getting you bumper stickers for both trucks that say "I beat my other truck"

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

The Kota rarely goes off road anymore lol And if it does, it barely slings any mud. But that would be awesome! :yes::thumbup: