auto dim mirror; what do i need?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ob269, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ob269

ob269 New Member

So my buddy is scrapping his old exploder and it has the autodim that he said he would give me in trade for some minor work on his new(to him) altima..

What all do I need to pull from his sploder to make everything work?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The mirror with the sensors and the 2 relays and thats it

4. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

dont forget about the wiring harness and the little plastic cover to cover the wires that go up the windshield....

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

the plastic cover clips on the sensor and I would have thought the wiring harness was a no brainer lol

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

well some ppl would forget it (ie me) lol

7. lol Why the hell is this thing not working?!?!?!?!? Oh, duh... Forgot the wires. *Calls buddy up* Hey, you still got the sploder? "Nah, went this morning". #&%^&*#* Hahaha

8. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Where are the two relays and the sensor Clinton?

9. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Lolololol. I could see that happening Pete..

10. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

First make sure it is the newer round style like in this pic [​IMG]

You have to either buy the relays seperate or use OEM ones that are in the fuse box under the hood.

You will need alot of wiring, butt connectors and quick disconnects

11. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

What if its different? I don't know off hand what his looks like. Its a 94..

12. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The older ones are "boxy" and old looking lol and I believe it doesnt have the timer for the auto lamps

13. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

What if it is different?

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Then you buy the one I have sitting in my garage. The older ones just dont look right and from the ones I have seen in the yards they kind get beat up more and look like ****

15. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

16. I googled it and that's what came up. I figured they just changed the style on it. Oh well. I'll look for an actual auto dim

17. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This is the older style
    [​IMG]

18. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

If you go for the older style, the wiring may be different as well. I know how to do the newer style like the one I have posted above

19. OP
    ob269

ob269 New Member

Hmm. Maybe I'll just try to pull one from the yard then..
    are they just any two relays? Also, where is the sensor?