84 4x4 swap

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by whiteboycv67, Feb 10, 2011.

1. whiteboycv67

whiteboycv67 New Member

looking to put 5.0 fuel inj in 84 4x4 i want to do 5 speed what are the clearance issues and how do i do a clutch setup

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

My personal experience would be a Fullsize bronco transfer case or an NP205 with a NP435 4 sp granny low from a 78/79 F150. I would go with a F150 5.0 with the GT40P heads and upper/lower intake for some cheap HP. I would cam it and the head swap and leave everything else as close to stock as possible. Would need new / relocated crossmembers and some other stuff I cant think of right now...lol

4. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

You would be better off finding a full size bronco donor 78-86 if you want to keep having a carb setup, and possibly get a mazda trans from an 87+ and use a BW1356 transfer case.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Gotta remember though, Ford introduced Fuel injected 302s in '86

Personally though, I would DEFINITELY go fuel injected....little harder to set up, but worth it in the long run

6. Teamexploder

Teamexploder Explorer Member

My bad I was thinking 87 was when they started putting them in. And I agree fuel injection is a better setup and if you stick with under 96 then you have no OBDII stuff to mess with.