4.0 5.0 stang swap

Discussion in 'Other Engines' started by Captured Time, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i was watching trucks on spike today and they whaere doing a swap into a ranger from a stang 5.0. they said that it could be done with the 4.0 alot cheaper whats yalls fealing on that?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

rephrase that sentence so I know what you're trying to say

4. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Its not a 5.0 lol. Its a 4.6 and theyve gone wayyyyy over the top on it. Theyve put holes in the fender to cool the brakes, put a 6 speed in it, and moved the front tires and such forward for weight dsitribution.... Its ridiculous lol

5. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

^ its a 4.6L supercharged motor.... and that thing is gonna be sick when its done.... if they ever finish it..... it's taken them over 2 yrs to get this far....

6. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

its cause its a tv show... it will be sick!

7. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

My thoughts on it being easier to drop a 4.6 into a 4.0 truck verus a 2.5 truck? Well....same amount of work, same amount of parts are needed for both. It doesn't make a lick of difference considering the kind of job it is to fit a mod motor into one of these engine bays. Only a few exist.

5.0 swap(NOT Coyote 5.0) is basically almost a complete bolt-in for a T-bar Ranger. Thank you Explorer.

8. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Theres some guys doin a 5.0 Coyote swap into a Ranger! Its pretty sick lookin too! I need to check the updates on that...

Back to the subject, the only way I can think that a 4.0 would be beasier than a 4 Banger is possibly the engine bay is bigger? Or the motor mounts are wider? I dunno. Im no expert lol

9. The engine bays are entirely the same. It's different mounts. And he means the 4.6, not the 4.0. We already have a 4.0 in a Ranger and that's a 6 cylinder, not an 8. Haha