2010 Fog Light install

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by MisterB, Oct 18, 2012.

1. MisterB

MisterB New Member

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask.

I have 2010 Ranger XL that did not come with fog lights. I bought an aftermarket set and an OEM headlight switch with fog light control.
    Wiring for fog lights pre-existed so it was a simple install and plug them in. The headlight switch replacement took a little more effort. In all, about 30 minutes.

Problem: The lights do not work.

Question: Is there a relay I am supposed to install? Where? Is there something else I am missing.

Thank you in advance.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Yes, you do need the relay and wiring. Contact Moderator Buggman, he makes hem and they are far better than anyone I have used.

4. OP
    MisterB

MisterB New Member

Picked up the relay at the dealer. Still no lights.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

It all comes down to a matter of the wiring and how it is wired too. I think you should hit up Buggman for the proper wiring diagram