2001 EGR Code

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by MBMNemesis, Oct 3, 2009.

1. MBMNemesis

MBMNemesis New Member

My 2001 ranger has the check engine light on for egr, I swaped out the egr, still got the code, I put on a new exhaust because the old one was rusting out, still got the code. Any suggestions?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    MBMNemesis

MBMNemesis New Member

found a clog

Turns out the EGR exhaust feed pipe was obstructed at the two small feeds coming off below the EGR for another sensor(DPFE Sensor) that has two rubber hoses connecting to it, the P0401 code cleared and my light is off, I also found in research that the P0401 code is usually the dpfe sensor rather than the EGR, if you have clear tubes and are still getting the code. Hope this helps someone.