1994 2.3l cold start problems

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by James Pickel, Sep 4, 2020.

1. James Pickel

James Pickel New Member

Hi guys, my recently purchased 1994 2.3l sohc engine starts poorly and starts and runs fine when warmed up. I have replaced fuel pump, filter, coil packs, spark plugs and wires, temp sensor and idle control on throttle body. Obd1 shows no codes..Not sure what to try next..thanks for any ideas..Jamie

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jessica Toney

Jessica Toney New Member

I was wondering if you had any luck figuring that out. I am having the same issues. Mine was on a fuel pressure gauge all night but started right up in the morning. It was showing it's ass,I assume. Because it takes 3 tries now to start. One of the technicians in the garage I took it to was curious if it's the Electronic Control Module (?).... And it may be in the need of "flashing he computer". Which I don't know what that means. Haven't gotten that far yet.

4. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

Try cleaning the Mass Air Flow sensor with carb cleaner or electronic cleaner, it is right after the air filter. Then reset the computer (just take the battery terminal off for about 10 minutes).