1991 2.3 Rough ideal

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by OLD SILVER, Sep 7, 2013.

1. OLD SILVER

OLD SILVER New Member

Newbie here Hello to all, My 1991 2.3 has a rough ideal. Happens 30 sec after start. No smoke out of the tail pipe.Kind of a little miss stumble. Any thoughts in what to try?Thanks Ranger Bros for any help...

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. stdyhand

stdyhand New Member

Any codes? If no codes, check your plugs. Clean your IAC and MAF, maybe your EGR and go from there. See how it is doing after that. I often recommend these first because it requires little time and money.

4. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Maybe as simple as some injector cleaner in the gas.

5. Mitchman

Mitchman Member

I checked my plugs, wires, and distributor cap in my 88. the plugs were shooting the gap and iI had to run 2 pints of sea foam engine treatment(1 per tank) through it. it runs like a top now. Could be a fuel filter too.