1989 2.9l v6 wont start

Discussion in '1989 - 1992 Ford Ranger' started by rangerrdaddy, Aug 13, 2009.

1. rangerrdaddy

rangerrdaddy New Member

hey
    i got a 1989 2.9L v6 ranger xlt and it will not start unless there is gas put in the air intake and i dont no why it wont brun its own gas i no the pump is on and gettinng to the block

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mustang ranger

mustang ranger New Member

there is 2 fuel filters one could be stoped up most likely the one mounted to the driver side frame of the truck half way to the back end has prob got dert but im not sure i had that prob one time thats what was rong good luck

4. OP
    rangerrdaddy

rangerrdaddy New Member

the pump works and gas will come out of the test vint thing(looks like someing u would use to pump up a tire) so gass gets all the way to the motor

5. OP
    rangerrdaddy

rangerrdaddy New Member

what fords have a 2,9l v6 like the ranger? is there any tricks to clean the gas system from line to motor

6. Bill

Bill New Member

The EEC is not firing the injectors during the start mode.

7. matcha

matcha New Member

sounds right to me ... its obviously an issue of gettin gas into the cylinder

8. matcha

matcha New Member

could just have some bad injectors tho .. i wouldnt jump to the eec right away