1980 F100 Issues

Discussion in '1983 - 1988 Ford Ranger' started by joshtowal, Jan 1, 2011.

1. joshtowal

joshtowal New Member

I know this thread begins at 83, but I didn't see anything for previous years. Here's the deal:

I have a 77 Thunderbird engine in an 80 Ranger I bought relatively recently. This truck needs a lot of love, but I need to get it driving before I can pull the engine and tend to its needs. It has some vacuum issues that are more or less preventing it from staying running well in gear. It's a 351W with a Motorcraft 2150 carb. The carb is freshly rebuilt, but I'm not sure the vauum lines are on there right. On the front of the carb, I have one line running from the EGR Plate to the valve cover, and the other line on the right is running straight to the distributor. The line on the back I believe is supposed to run to the EGR, but I have it plugged because the EGR valve is shot. I also have the EGR Valve plugged. The only place I can see manifold vacuum coming from is one tree on the rear of the engine. Any thoughts on where I could be losing vacuum from when put in gear, or maybe some lines that aren't hooked up correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bobkyle2

bobkyle2 !! BAMF !!

hey buddy :D...... you need to sign up here http://www.f150forum.com .. the f100 ranger is a fullsize truck... and at the f150forum they will have a section for you :D.. check it out there will be lots of great information there