06+ tail gate

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by DangerRanger99, Jan 31, 2012.

1. DangerRanger99

DangerRanger99 who wants a v8?

is it possible to put an 06+ tail gate on the 05- rangers?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

4. Yeah. Body lines will all match up for you perfectly. Not a problem at all.

5. OP
    DangerRanger99

id like to do this...mines a little beat up from loading my wheeler and its got a bad scratch in the middle. plus i could get it painted pretty cheap

6. How much are you paying for it? I got an 01 for $50 that only needs paint.

7. greenmachine2000

get his 01..no difference really

8. Just a bigger Ford oval in the middle that you can mod in if you want it.

9. greenmachine2000

just get a oval off one of the big vans..08 tailgate done lol

10. Yeah! lol :D
    [​IMG]
    Here it is. Pulled it off of an 02 from the flood. Already had the body work done to it. I'm asking $50+shipping

11. greenmachine2000

just bondo those old oval holes. and mount big oval in middle of tailgate..ta da. sir its magic lol

12. Or I can have my buddy finish it up. He was gonna before I sold it anyways.

13. greenmachine2000

i might be able to rip you off an oval tomorrow..pocket it. send it to ya.

14. Do it up if you can find one bud. lol We'll trade haha. Then you'll have yourself a nice tailgate that looks almost exactly like an 08

15. greenmachine2000

not my tailgate lol wont fit but it will sell better with big emblem on it :) got to figure what kind of vehicle to pull off of now lol

16. That was for the OP lol Not you xD

17. greenmachine2000

i think he left so i answered lol oops!

18. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Why steal an emblem that's 6 years old or whatever??? A brand new one from ford is only about $25...

[​IMG]

19. OP
    DangerRanger99

well my tail gate has the scratch right down the middle so puttin an emblem there is no go...i thought if i could find a 06+ for a decent price i could get it and have it painted up

20. greenmachine2000

petes tailgate is only 50 bucks..and you can make it your own tailgate as far as style and stuff.