You could of heard a Pin Drop.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Superlifted06FX4, May 15, 2012.

1. Superlifted06FX4

Superlifted06FX4 Last of the V8s

You could have heard a pin drop.
    You don't say?

When in England, at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building' by George Bush.

He answered by saying, 'Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine
    young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our
    borders.

The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is
    enough to bury those that did not return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a conference in France where a number of international
    engineers were taking part, including French and American.

During a break one of the French engineers came back into the room saying Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft
    carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims.

What does he intend to do, bomb them?' A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: 'Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from
    their flight deck.
    We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?'

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included
    Admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies.

At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of
    Officers that included personnel from most of those countries.
    Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, 'whereas Europeans learn many
    languages, Americans learn only English.

He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?

Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied Maybe it's because
    the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't
    have to speak German.

AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane.
    At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his
    carry on.

You have been to France before, monsieur?' the customs officer asked sarcastically.
    Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously .

"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.'

The American said,
    'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.' 'Impossible.
    Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!'
    The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look.

Then he quietly explained. 'Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. timbits588

timbits588 New Member

good stuff

4. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

owned ;)

5. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

LOVE the last one, but all 4 were damn good!

6. Appletonbill

Appletonbill New Member

Good post. Here are some famous quotes to keep the ball rolling.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." ~ General George S. Patton

"As far as I'm concerned, war always means failure" ~ Jacques Chirac, President of France

"We can stand here like the French, or we can do something about it." ~ Marge Simpson

"You know, the French remind me a little bit of an aging actress of the 1940s who was still trying to dine out on her looks but doesn't have the face for it." ~ John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona

"You know why the French don't want to bomb Saddam Hussein? Because he hates America, he loves mistresses and wears a beret. He is French, people." ~ Conan O'Brien

I don't know why people are surprised that France won't help us get Saddam out of Iraq. After all, France wouldn't help us get the Germans out of France! ~ Jay Leno

"What do you expect from a culture and a nation that exerted more of its national will fighting against DisneyWorld and Big Macs than the Nazis?" ~ Dennis Miller

Did you see the new bomb the government came up with? It weights 21,000 pounds. The Air Force tested this bomb in Florida and the bomb blast was so strong at Disneyworld 25 French tourists surrendered. ~ Jay Leno

"Do you know it only took Germany three days to conquer France in WWII? And that's because it was raining." ~ John Xereas, Manager, DC Improv.

In response to the recent terror attacks in Spain, the French government have raised their terror alert status from "Run" to "Hide". If attacks continue on the continent they may be forced to further increase the alert to "Surrender", or even as high as "Collaborate". ~ Jay Leno

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  7. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

epic win!