Work in progress

Discussion in 'Ranger Media' started by Redneck_ranger, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Well, finally got the bright idea to throw these guys on... Halfway into drilling the holes for the bolts, I realized that self-tapping screws would work so much better than bolting them into the roof.... So I have em held on with that. They're nowhere near done, I still gotta wire em in and put the 5th one on and silicone em up. I could only put four of em on yesterday because I managed to "misplace" the fifth base. My buddy called me this morning and said it was sitting on the floor after I had looked all over the garage for it yesterday. Of course. lol Oh well. Gonna niteshade em this weekend too and smoke em up nicely. Stay tuned!

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wait. You drilled holes into your roof, then used self tapping screws? Uhh....

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Only on one of the lights. lol But I put bolts in that one. The rest I used self tappers before I drilled.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

:icon_eek: <--- That is all.

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Not sure whether that's a bad reaction or not... Haha

7. self tappers do all the work no need to drill hole for mounting, except drill hole for the wires.

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Yeah, and I just realized... I went and hit a mud hole last night with the truck. Washing it is going to SUCK! Gotta silicone these things before I get any of the mud off.

9. I thought you were done with the mud puddles lol

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Well, it wasn't really a mud "puddle". Just thick goopy mud. Not too much water in it.

11. lol face it, you will always play in the mud hahahaa

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

look at my avatar! :p

13. need bigger print my eyes too old to read it

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

If the mud ain't flyin', you ain't tryin'. With a secksy chick on an ATV lol

15. I saw the boobs hahahaha but then again I have trained my eyes to spot them things!

16. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

17. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

pete its gonna leak like a sieve...hate to tell you that

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I'm gonna silicone around EVERYTHING. lol Outside of the bases, around the self tappers on the insides of the lenses, everywhere I can. Luckily there's no rain forcasted for the next few days or I'd be screwed.

19. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You shouls have siliconed the base and the screw holes PRIOR to drilling them in

20. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

this^^^^...trust me water will find a way in unless you do it that way

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Eh, I'll find a way to keep it dry. If it leaks a little tiny bit, it don't matter. Most of the lights are over another piece of sheet metal, so it won't be leaking directly onto the headliner.