Wiper Motor?

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by VoidIndigo, Oct 19, 2014.

1. VoidIndigo

VoidIndigo New Member

Hey all, my son and I just bought a 1995 ranger thgat needs a lot of work... a lot of info is out there but I have been unable to find anything about how to change the wiper motor on this truck. It doesn't look as easy as some... but I could be wrong. Anyone have a step by step on how to get that motor out?

Thanks!
    Scott

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Villy

Villy New Member

On my Ranger from 2000 there is a small four-sided lid next to the wiper motor. It must be removed. Then you can put your hand in and screw the wiper arms off the engine on the backside. (it's hard to get to) Then just screw the 4 screws of the wiper motor is attach with.
    sorry if my english grammar:confused: is not correct

4. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

My goodness, I do feel bad for you. I had to do that on my '93 and it was a pain. I had to drop both shafts and work the rods off a rusted pivot through a hole barely big enough for my short arms. I can see about uploading some pics from a Haynes manual tomorrow as that may be easier than explaining it. Just make sure you put it together right or your park position ends up being with the blades vertical.

5. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

Oh gosh, I forgot to post pictures of the book and it's been 3 months. I'll get those pics to ya tomorrow for you to use in the future.