Which Shocks?

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Fcarnut, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Fcarnut

Fcarnut New Member

I have a 2004 Ranger XLT 4.0 2WD extended cab with a little over 50,000 miles. 99.9% street driven. No lift or over sized tires. What is everyone using and why? There are a lot of choices. Just need a good all around unit.
    Thanks!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tidefanman

tidefanman New Member

The only time I have ever replaced shocks I put Monroe shocks on. I had a 99 two door Tahoe a while back and I put Monroes on and they did great. They aren't too expensive and they are worth the money. Go check O'reillys they carry them.

4. cburn009

cburn009 03 Danger Ranger

Monroe sensatracs are a good choice. I have them on my 03 ranger 2.3 with oversized tires and they only cost about forty per shock. They are easy to do too on the ranger so you should not run into any problems.

5. wvgranger

wvgranger 1998 XLT Super

I had the Monroe Reflex on my 98 2WD XLT Super cab and hated them,now have KYB GR-2's and much better ! Got on E-Bay .

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I know Billsteins are really good all around

7. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

I have billsteins there really really good

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

The mannnnnnn knows what he is talking about!

9. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

x2 on the Monroe Sensatracs.
    I've had a set on my truck for many years & they have a nice smooth ride.

10. UrbanRedneck

UrbanRedneck New Member

I have Billsteins on mine and I love them. Put them on cause on the Monroe Reflexes that were on it when I bought it, the metal boot if you want to call it was bent over and limiting my wheel travel in the rear. You are going to pay a little more for the Billsteins but they are worth it.

11. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

P.s. Billsteins come stock on ford ranger fx4 .... Anything that ford thinks is good is usually good lol

12. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

I found a complete set for 4 Blisteins for like $275 I forget where though, ask Charles. He actually found them for me a while back. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

13. wvgranger

wvgranger 1998 XLT Super

No one interested in the KYB GR2's ?