Wheel spacers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dchad53, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Dchad53

Dchad53 Member

Anybody running wheel spacers? I want to run 2" spacers. I have heard it put too much strain on the
    wheel bearings. Seems like deep mag wheels do the same thing. What do you all think?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

The more dish or offset you have, the more strain on the bearing. Deep dished wheels can cause premature bearing failure, although when I was young and building hot rods, I never had a bearing fail me because of deep dished wheels. Just lucky? Maybe. Just curious; why do you want to run spacers? Just to get he wheel out farther or for clearance purposes?

4. Jamey E

Jamey E Member

Hey Dchad, have you tried those 2" spacers yet? I'm curious to find out how they're working out for you. I'd like to have a little wider stance for my Ranger too

5. RangerAl

RangerAl Member

I am running 2" on mine, although I am ready for it if the bearings or ball joints go. So, it does put more stress onto the front end. The plus side, they looks so darn good with stock wheels!