Wheel Cleaning tips

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Freemans 00, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

Alright got my wheels in today and I see tons of brake dust, so whats the best way to get these things back to being shiny chrome like they should be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

if it was me id get carwash soap and washmit and wash them up. then polish them with like mothers chrome wheel polish. make sure its their chrome specific one because the one for alumium i believe is too abrasive

4. OP
    Freemans 00

alright. I think a wash and polish will do the trick after looking at them more

5. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

yea get some car wash and regular old rubbing compound that will work the best

6. OP
    Freemans 00

Got some Meguirs wheel cleaner and some chrome polish in the garage gonna clean one real quick

7. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!

Get meguiars all wheel and tire cleaner. View attachment 1514 spray it on tge wheel, let itsoak then take your carwash rag and apply soap. Next rinse with water and make sure you clean it again with regular carwash soap and then rinse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Dcrymes99ranger

Dcrymes99ranger Riding low and broke!!!