Wheel Bearing

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by rangerguy95, Feb 18, 2013.

1. rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Do the whole assembly, they are cheap enough, plus you won't need to press the bearing. Pressing the bearing sometimes requires a BIG press. I would go with Timkin assemblies. I have had other cheap ones but they didnt last a year. So far Timkin has held up very nice.

They get pricey but they are worth it. Also check with a dealer to see if your hub assembly part number matches other years. I believe they do and you can find the Timkins for your truck cheaper. My truck is an 01 and I put 07 Timkin hub assemblies on

4. OP
    rangerguy95

rangerguy95 New Member

Thank you very much!

5. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

I don't think you can get the 4x4 bearings for the 98+ with anything other than an assembly. It is a sealed bearing assembly.

6. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

What about going to manual locking hubs, can’t that be done in a ’98-’00 without a lot of extra work ?