what is it

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by morphiend, Jun 1, 2009.

1. morphiend

morphiend New Member

I have a 2001 Ranger 3.0 4x2 Edge. There is a round canister in the engine bay that has a approx. 1/8 rubber hose coming into each side of it. One hose is melted and seperated. This hose comes from the air box. The second hose seems to go into the top of the engine. I temp reconnected the seperated hose and the air in the cabin started to blow again from the front vents. (previous to the reconnection there was only air coming from the window defrost vents.) The guy that was helping me with this sat the canister on the exhaust manifold which melted a hole in the canister. I called Ford but they couldn't figure out what cansiter it is that I'm looking for. The one they sent was wrong. Can any one tell me what exactly to ask for? Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. m-winters

m-winters New Member

I know it's been a long time that you posted the thread but I had the exact smae problem with my 2000 2.5L Ranger. The replacement canister I recieved was wrong as well but it fit and I had air throught the front vents. The only problem I have is that every time the truck is under a heavy load, i.e. going up long hills. The air starts coming up through the defrost. It seems like the canister isn't big enough to hold enough vacum. oddly it was the same size just different locations for the tubes to connect. I'd like to know if you figured anything out.