What do you think the problem is?

Discussion in '2.5 Engine' started by MIKEY C, Nov 12, 2009.

1. MIKEY C

MIKEY C New Member

I have a 1998 ford ranger 2.5 and the truck runS real rough at idle. I have 2 trouble codes p0141 , and p0171. Just recently another code has came up p0303. I cleaned the maf and the truck ran great. The next morning i got in the truck and it ran fine for 5 minutes then ran real real rough.. I erased the codes an now the only codes left are p0141,p0303. I know that po141 means that the o2 sensors are no good. Code p0303 means cylinder 3 misfire. I checked the spark on both spark plug wires on cylinder 3 and I have spark. Do you know what the problem can be besides the 02 sensors? I will really appreciate all the help... Thanks...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Ryan4x4

Ryan4x4 New Member

there could be an issue with the distributor

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Check the coil pack and the wires themselves

5. a vacuum leak will cause a o2 sensor code to be thrown too,
    chk by the pcv valve rubber hose alot of them split I was told

oops, just saw this was an old post

6. coastie

coastie chicks dig it

how did you check for spark? did you check the resistance on the wire? did you check the plug? your definitely not getting ignition on cylinder 3 and thats why your get an o2 code.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thread moved to the new 2.5 tech section