Want to buy: **Want to Trade** - Radio dash trim

Discussion in 'Ranger Forum Classifieds' started by dropt_98, Mar 21, 2013.

1. dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

As some of you may know from reading my build thread, my ranger has been broken into twice. First time my insurance covered all repairs, and scheduled when to get it fixed. The second time my insurance only cut me a check which hardly covered anything. I had to buy a radio bezel which fit but wasnt the one I needed. --I'm not sure what year it is, it has a 4x4 switch, and 2 power sockets, but everything has the wrong plugs for my '98. Plus I'm not 4x4. It was originally silver but I put a light coat of black on it (you can still read the 4x4 led when lit). --I'd love to do an even trade with someone who has a '98 bezel with 2 power sockets. I don't have pics at the moment but this afternoon I will have time to go get a couple. Throw me some offers guys, it sucks not having any outlets to charge my phone or run my power inverter from!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fordzilla80

Fordzilla80 Eat Bacon, Drive Rangers.

Does the 4x4 bezel have the opening for the fog light switch?

4. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

No it doesnt, it only has the 4x4 switch

5. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

It is funny that the connectors are different.
    I have a few of these for sale and have a sold a few others with no problems.
    Not to be an @ss but recheck that you are plugging in the correct connector in the correct location.

What we need are pictures of your bezel, front and back, and if possible the connectors in your truck.
    If the pictures are good enough and large enough to determine what you have and need I might have something to help.

6. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

I was surprised that the connectors were different as well, I believe it came out of a +04 Ranger. I'll post up a front picture, and I know the plugs are different, triple checked them man. Let me upload from my phone and I'll show ya guys *edit: I know for sure the plugs are different because I can't even plug my harness into it. Pics soon

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  7. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

8. Fordzilla80

Fordzilla80 Eat Bacon, Drive Rangers.

That's definitely from an 06+.

9. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

The guy who I bought it from (off of craigslist) never told me the year it came off of, he just told me that the plugs would work. Mailed to me and I found out that the plugs were wrong.

10. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I have a bezel out of a '97 if you want it. $10 + shipping and it's yours.

11. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Does it have the single power outlet or is it the cig lighter + outlet?

12. Brinker88

I'll have to check tomorrow. It's in my parts truck

13. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

Thanks man, snap a pic of the front & back of it if you remember to

14. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

So you are looking for an '04 down, 4x4, with power port and cig lighter port.
    Do you want a fog light switch location ?
    The fog light switch can be set up for aux lighting and the fog lights diffinately are a plus, they is if you don't have them.
    If Brinker88 doesn't have what you want let me know or check my for sale threads.

15. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

I'm looking for something that will plug into my truck ('98), non 4x4, with power and cig port. Doesnt matter to me about the fog light switch or not, not sure if thats a mod I will do in the future or not.
    The one I have now (see previous pic) has the wrong plugs for my truck and is therefore useless besides holding my radio in lol

16. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

OK 2WD, cig and power ports, Fog optional.
    I will look when i go in the shop.
    Since you want the power port it will be easier to find.
    The bezel without the power port, just the cig lighter is a little harder to locate, not sure why.
    Brinker88 might have one too so you should be good to go.

post when you know what Brinker88 is doing.

17. Brinker88

No go on mine. It's got a pretty good crack in it...

18. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

19. OP
    dropt_98

dropt_98 New Member

In your post you say that the "Cig Lighter, Power Ports, Radio and Vents are not included" ... I'm not concerned about the radio bc I have one...but are you trying to just sell the plastic without the built in lighter & power port? I didn't know they were removable. Shipping isnt a big concern with me, I'm a little low on cash right now and am trying to find a 2nd job to make ends meet. If you don't have any other takers in the next 15 days or so we can definitely make a deal. If you get a taker before them though, go ahead and sell to them as I will be scrounging to find cash.

20. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

Ok, when I get back we can talk.

Any of the removed parts can be included, like the power port.
    I don't think you had a power port or maybe I just read your post wrong.

21. Scrambler82

Scrambler82 Old Guy User

dropt_98,

How it going ?
    I’m back and still have the Radio Bezel if you are still interested.

Let me know here or e-mail: nnf000@gmail.com