Trouble codes 32 and 41

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by ksranger91, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ksranger91

ksranger91 New Member

This is my first post and this site is awesome, i've found lots of useful info previously but this is the first time i've had to post.

My '91 ranger has an intermittent problem. Sometimes while driving uphill it will chug and sputter until i hammer the gas. Usually the check engine light will come on and it will run just a bit rough for a while. It usually goes away after a while. I've driven on 2-3hr trips where it did this at the beginning then smoothed out for the rest of the drive. Also there is usually a funny smell right after this happens. It's been doing this for at least a year probably but i've just been dealing with it (i know, not a great idea)

I did the KOEO test and i'm pretty sure it showed codes 32 (EVP voltage below closed limit) and 41 (NO HEGO switch detected). These were both continuous memory codes. Does anyone have any suggestions about what i should do next or what the problem might be? Would performing the KOER test do any good if the truck is running fine when i perform the test? Thanks in advance