Transmisson No Reverse And No Drive

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Joe Arthaud, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Joe Arthaud

Joe Arthaud New Member

My transmission has no reverse and no drive.
    I drained the fluid and added with new fluid stop slip and brake fluid and it work for a couple of months but now, Not!
    Could it be electronic solenoids?
    What could it be?
    I can't find a used one within 200 miles of my home.

Any thoughts?
    Joe

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. mhoward

mhoward Member

Sounds like you may have to have it rebuilt. A used trans would be a gamble anyway and that's a lot of work swapping it out.

4. Gharry

Gharry New Member

Could be a bad solenoid or broken band , or valve . Sometimes you can see the broken end of the band if you drop the pan and move things around with a long screw driver . But none of these failures are good to deal with . My pet peeve is US built electric shift automatic transmissions .