Tool Box Question

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by El Camino Man, Feb 1, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hello Everyone! Iv got a few quick questions about tool boxes. My brothers got one that he isnt using and Im debating asking him if he wants to sell it. My biggest issue is that my trucks brand new. I just rolled 8500 miles on it 2 days ago. Im afraid it will scratch the sh*t out of my bed which is a BIG no no for someone like me. Is there a way to keep it from scratchng my paint?

And also, for you current owners, do you like your tool box? We only have a 6 foot bed to start with. Throwing a toolbox in it would slim it down to about 5 foot. I use my truck like a truck sometimes (mostly towing) but do you guys get by ok with just 5'? Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. hazard-maine

hazard-maine northern ranger driver

you can buy foam 3m strips and put them on the part of the tool box that touches the bed, when i got mine it came with them, and i love my 2ft tool box, even tho it makes me have a 4ft bed space

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

It's nice having a box, it clears out a lot of clutter in your cab

5. hazard-maine

and you can leave things locked up nicely

6. pooleo

pooleo New Member

go get your sh1t line-x'd. Come up on the bedrails. It will look good and have functionality. Then, mount your tool box

7. ob269

ob269 New Member

Yes, the tool box is an awesome addition. Keep a set of tools in there for any issues you may have on the road, you can keep the extra fluids you may need(oil, antifreeze, etc) and the lockability is such a plus too!

And either of Andrew or Jason's ideas are good.. I personally put the 3m foamy tape under there without any issues..

8. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I say do it, it has lockable storage, and get some bed rail caps or foam tape the underneath where it lays on the rails and you will be fine

9. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

The 3m tape, definately.

I can still fit alot of stuff in my bed. All you have to do is play Tetris

10. hazard-maine

that is true depending on what you have in the bed

11. pretty much same answer, they sell stuff to put on a camper shell to keep it from scratching the bed too, chk with a camper dealer if all else fails

12. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I have been debating a liner of somesort and Id definitly go over the rails. But Its about $400...Something for the future. Ill have to look into that 3M tape. Thanks for the replys!