Tonneau Lock

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by dferron, Jul 27, 2012.

1. dferron

dferron New Member

I have a bifold genuine Ford Tonneau on my 1994 Ranger. I am in need of the lock assembly with or without the cables. Here is a link for a pic of the Tonneau and the lock: http://fordofkirkland-fordparts.com...334812&year=03&productdesc=Hard+Tonneau+Cover

[​IMG]

I love this Tonneau. After having shoulder surgery I traded my Raider Lorider for this one. I am able to take this on and off by myself.

Thanks in advance for your help ;)

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Thats a tough one! I think you will have to get that at the dealer and probably give them your first born for it too! I have been junk yarding for years and I have never seen one. Before going to a dealer check ebay, you may find it ALOT cheaper than a dealer price.

4. OP
    dferron

dferron New Member

Agree with the "first born" cost from a dealer :yes: I have done the eBay and CL search and doing it daily. None of the Tonneau dealers in my area have seen this cover either and none of the locksmiths want to make a key.

Since this post I found a dealer who has the cover for sale and they are only about an hours drive on a good day. The parts guy said that he would see what he could do to find the mfg of the cover, or lock for me. He was able to pull up the part number for the entire unit, but no parts list. That was just this AM.

And I do LOVE my truck.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I hope he comes through for you because it is a tough find for sure!

By the way...Welcome to the site!

6. OP
    dferron

dferron New Member

I found another contact in Florida who has the tonneau in stock. He was unable to find a parts list. Emailed back to ask if he knew who the mfg of the cover was. I am pretty capable of reworking another lock, but didn't want to go that route if I didn't have to. Waiting on the contact here at Kirkland Ford here in WA.

7. OP
    dferron

dferron New Member

Well, no success! Ford says they don't sell them separately. If you want the lock you have to buy a new tonneau. Doesn't sound like one of their "Better Ideas". So, if anyone has a trashed tonneau cover with a lock that looks like the one above please let me know. The tonneaus are installed on various Ford models.

The same basic style lock is the same as on the Sport Trac covers. That lock will work as well. :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012