To have flares or not to have flares? That is the question....

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Redneck_ranger, Mar 23, 2012.

1. So, I'm completely torn on this lol I love the truck with the flares on, and love it without them too. But if I get them, I'm painting them once and not pulling them off again because of what happened last time lol So, how do you guys like it?

With flares:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without flares:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Ill take your flares if you decide not to use em lol. But personally, I think it accents your two tone

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I lost two of em. They got ripped off on the highway

5. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

dude get rid of flares and bedline where they should be and it will look as if you have them without having them lol

6. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

That's funny you would say that. I was thinking of doing exactly that lol

7. Freemans 00

lol do it up

8. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I just gotta get more bedliner. And I'm probably gonna wait until school lets out and I have time in the summer to do it. I'm sanding down the entire bottom portion and repainting it. The paint doesn't like to stick to smooth surfaces, especially when the pressure washer hits it.:smartass::whistling:

9. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I say colormatch your stock flares. They wouldnt stick out so badly then Thats what I did. Although I went a little further and molded them into the fenders

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

I don't care if they stick out lol I like them the way they are, or not at all. That's my dilemma. And they're too fragile to keep taking off when I don't want em on. Haha

11. Franchi Motorsports

Franchi Motorsports Ranger Forum Vendor

Personally I like flares on a truck, gives it more aggressive look.

12. I would leave them off, since you like water and mud why have all that crap stuck in behind the flair except to help rust out the wheel wells

thats my 2 cents

13. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

yeah, last time I pulled them off the things had an inch of mud caked in them

14. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

Can you say bushwacker?

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Can you say too damn expensive? Haha

16. rango88

rango88 Chuck Norris Drove a Ram

i like the look of the flares to be honest.

17. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Keep em

18. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Well, for right now I'm not running them. No money to get new ones. But as soon as I get some money up, I'm getting some Bdubs.

19. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

bdubs your gonna try to put wings on your truck????? lol:D

20. Freemans 00

lmao hes gotta keep the girls chasing him or to attract the n****** for there hangings

21. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

hahahahahahahaha