Tire Questions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by El Camino Man, Apr 20, 2012.

1. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Hey guys. Iv been in the market for tires for quite some time now and I just got a big-o check for helpin roof a house :thumbup:. Anyways, my buddy highly recommends Mastercraft Courser MTs. He loves everything about em, and I love the price so far! Anyways, I was lookin on the internet and at the sizes they have. I found a cool site that compares your tire to the new one and says how much taller and wider and how far off your speedo will be. It says a 315/75R16 tire will be 2 inches taller. Is that from the bottom of the tread or the top? And it says itll also be 2 inches wider. Is that from the "bulge" in the middle, the rim, or the tread? I wanna measure everything out to make sure everything will fit ok and drop to a smaller size if need be. The 315/75 was an example... I hardlu doubt theyll fit but its worth measuring! Thanks guys!

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

That size tire won't only throw off your speedometer, but it will also throw off the trucks handling too. I did that with my 93 ranger and the steering floated all over and the truck didnt handle well. The 315 is tire height I believe, top to bottom, 75 is width and of course 16 is inner width for the rim. Sometimes if the tire IS wider, the truck won't float, as far as the bulge, if you get a wider tire, it will bulge a little on the sidewalls due to the bead on the more narrow rim.

I myself wouldnt get an M/T tire if that is your DD. Mastercraft is a good tire, but M/T's are basically off road tires. I recommend Firestone Destination A/T's, They are good all around tires, mudding, bad weather and good weather. Do some research on tires, check out Tirerack.com and check the tire ratings, they are usually very accurate.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Master crafts are sick tires man , I'm a MT guy myself and if I didn't get a sweet deal on those MTRs I have I prob would have gotten those

5. This^^^^ They handle like **** on the highway and you have to rotate them every thousand miles if not less. They'll take a massive toll on your front end too because of the vibrations. If you're just going to use them for snow really, go with an agressive all terrain like the Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT. Quiet, smooth, and wear amazingly.

6. OP
    El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Ok your all making good points but havent answered the question lol