Tinting my corners, tails, and third brake light

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Redneck_ranger, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Alright, so I miss my black tails, but not the crack. I want to spray tint mine so they're not as dark. What would the prep work consist of, how long would they have to sit after painting and what would be the best stuff to use? I heard nightshade is really good, but is there anything else out there that's cheap and good?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

that window tint stuff..you can wrap it onto taillights..so its not permanent if you want it off and you can get whatever tint you want.

4. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Idc if it's permanent. That stuff ain't gonna come out too good considering all the curves of the lights.

5. mossyoak03

mossyoak03 ONE BAMF

nightshade is the best stuff all you do is clean the light and spray them.

6. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

Some guys have had really good results with the nightshades... I on the other hand have had the worst results ever with it. :thumbdown:

7. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol Buggman, you have the best of luck with everything else, then epically fail when it comes to nightshade? Come on man! You're supposed to know these things! Haha

8. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

HA!
    I know... I've tried everything & mine always crackles. If I had wanted a crackle finish, it would never happen though.

9. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

window tint works really well, actually. if you use a hair dryer to heat it up some then it can be shaped to the edges and curves easier

10. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol... That's just your luck man

Hmmm.... I'll look into this more. Do you know of anybody who did this?

11. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

there actually is a how to on it on another forum he took the static cling tint cut it a lil bigger than the light then he applied it and shrunk it with a hair dryer and it turned out pretty good.... i'll see if i cant find it and i'll pm you the link or through facebook....

12. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, awesome. Thanks Klinger

13. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

pm sent

14. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Sweet! I might go and try that lol It looks amazing!

15. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright, so I'm doing the cling on tint to my tails maybe tomorrow. So I was wondering what shade I should use? Would 20% be too light? I don't want it to be so you can't see my tails working during the day, but I want it to look really good.

16. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

i think 20% would be perfect....

17. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Nice. I'm hoping it will look good. How about 5%? Too dark? That's all that Wally World has right now lol

18. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah 5% is way to dark for tails..... the darkest i would go would be 15%

19. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

Alright. 20% it is then

20. ob269

ob269 New Member

Pete, why do you have that ugly ass Mustanger4000 in your avatar?

21. OP
    Redneck_ranger

Redneck_ranger Banned

lol It's the Muskrat! Hahahahahahahahaha