The American Dream

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ThinMac, Mar 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ThinMac

ThinMac New Member

After a thrilling year of regretting my first car, a lifted 1997 LandRover Discovery, I have finnaly made the switch to a old american truck. After seeing that parts don't actually have to cost my weeping soul, I'm pretty happy with the switch.
    I purchased a fine quality first gen 1983, 2.3L, 4WD, Extended Bed, Regular Cab, XLT Ranger for a wallet crushing $500. It has original everything and IT ALL WORKS! I'm amazed. My only issue is it doesn't have any of the vacuum lines, except for 2. So after trying and failing to figure out what goes to what, I wound up here. I already made a post in the appropriate help forum. Anything tricks or thing I should look out for?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. DeanMk

DeanMk Member

There's no diagram under the hood?
    Back then Ford would put routing diagrams for the hoses on a sticker that was placed on the underside of the hood.
    If you can't locate one on the hood, you should be able to find one online.
    Make sure you use the one for your transmission, because an automatic will require hoses for itself, while a manual won't.

Dean