Tansmissions problems...

Discussion in 'Drivetrain Tech' started by 08 Ranger Sport 4X4, Mar 14, 2012.

1. 08 Ranger Sport 4X4

08 Ranger Sport 4X4 New Member

On my way to work today, my clutch lost all pressure and I was unable to shift gears while my vehicle was running. I was stuck on the side of the highway. I first thought that is was just low fluids, but fluids are full. My other thoughts are master/slave cylinder or the pressure flange has cracked, but I'm not leaking any fluid. Could it be a block in the hose from the resivior to the cylinder? Thanks in advance for your help. Manual trans 08 sport 4x4.

Any one have any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Did the pedal just go dead as in fall to the floor?

4. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

No, it was still pushed outward, but there was no resistance anymore. So it I could press it, but there was not near enough pressure as is normal.

5. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

I am kinda stumped on this one. Was there any recent work done on your truck?

6. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Nope. The last thing I did was change the oil about 300 miles ago.

7. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I posted this over on FRF as well. They said same thing happened to his truck. He said he thought it was the master, but it ended up being the slave.

8. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i bet it was your salve cylinder cracked. my 94 did the exact same thing. it was my slave cylinder, get the one from autozone or advance auto cause they are made of billet aluminum for the housing, the stock is made of plastic and thats why it breaks

9. mossyoak03

mossyoak03 ONE BAMF

its the slave cylinder. its not gonna last much longer

10. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I work at a dealership and that's where it is now. They are going to look at it and let me know. I just hope it is something cheap/easy like the master or slave. Thanks for the quick responses.

11. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

im bettin its the slave. make sure they/you bench bleed the slave or else you'll never get it bleed

12. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Just heard from the shop, it's the slave. Part won't be here until tomorrow so truck's gonna sit here all night. Thanks again for everyone's help.

13. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

called it!!!!

glad its just the slave

14. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

Do not get a factory ford one!!!

15. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

you will regret it in a couple years

16. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

I already called down to the service dept to make sure they are getting an aluminum one and not the OEM plastic. Thanks for the heads up though.

17. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

okay good. and your welcome

18. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

The part they said was like $125. So it better be aluminum and not f-ing plastic... lol

19. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

i paid $50 for mine from advance auto lol and its aluminum

20. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Update: When they took the trans out to get the slave, they also looked at the clutch which is burnt up and down to the rivets. So that is being replaced as well.

21. OP
    08 Ranger Sport 4X4

Here is the burnt up clutch:
    [​IMG]