Suspension Upgrade

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by photoman95, Aug 20, 2012.

1. photoman95

photoman95 New Member

I am looking to upgrade my suspension while also lifting my Ranger. Is it possible to put Ford F-250 leaf springs and coil springs on a 1996 Ford Ranger STX? I have a 1994 & 1995 that I can get them off of and just wondered if it would work. I like the idea of lifting it with a more rugged suspension while also giving myself as much load capacity as the engine can handle. Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. doyouquaxu

doyouquaxu FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

i don't think so. i believe the f250 springs are wider and they will also feel like you're riding in a truck that has had the suspension welded so it's immobile. even in an f250 those springs are stiff as ****.

4. OP
    photoman95

photoman95 New Member

What would be your suggestion for a good suspension lift that will not cost me a ton of money. moneys tight and I cant afford to blow a bunch of money on my truck for something like this.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Use 80-96 F150 front coils and use ford explorer rear leaf springs. That will net your around 2-2.5" of lift all the way around. The front WILL be stiff though.

6. OP
    photoman95

photoman95 New Member

What about any good suspension lift kits? Are there any that are good but decently priced. Im just not wanting to dump a ton of money into my truck when I am getting ready to go to college.