Suspension lift kits for 04 4wd

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by seriouscoin1, Apr 13, 2012.

1. seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Hi guys. I have been looking into suspension lift kits for my 04 Ranger. Everytime I come across a beast looking Ranger... its 2WD!! I look into lift kit companies and can only find kits for 2WD applications... This boggles my mind. Is there an issue with good lift kits for 4WD? I was only able to find a superlift 3 inch I think it was. Any good sized suspension lift kits out there for a 4WD?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

4" superlift is about your only option other than a $3K prerunner 2.5" lift or a Straight axle swap (SAS)

4. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Did they have t-bars in 04? If so, a lift kit is simple and cheap lol

5. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Ya I have torsion bars, I will be doing that this wknd hopefully for 2inchs or so, just to level her out a bit. Hmmm body lift is getting more interesting. lol. Dang

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Brad is right, Superlift is pretty much it since RCD stopped their kits. Superlift isnt cheap but I like mine!

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

If you are going that route, crank the torsion bars, put in some rear lift shackles and do a body lift. My truck is double lifted, 33's, 7" over stock and you will only fall 1" short of mine if you went the BL/torsion crank route. You will be able to fit 33's on it to get to about 5" over stock

8. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

Anyway to really tell if the trucks Tbars have been cranked already? I dont want to over do it.

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

You can usually tell by looking at them from the front, if they have a steep downward angle, they are cranked good. Another way is just turn the screw in to see how far it may go. Just make sure the front end is off the ground and the truck is stable before you get under it

10. And use a ruler to make sure both sides are even. Oh, and get an alignment afterwards too.

11. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

^^^ THIS! Always get an alignment after a t bar crank. Youll eat up tires like the Cookie Monster eats chocolate chip... pancakes

12. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Get a 3 inch body, you won't be disappointed... Then if that ain't Enuf do a 4 inch on top ... Double lift for the win !!!

13. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

I will be doing the tbar lift tonight, then hopefully soon a 3 inch BL. I have some rims and tires in mind too. I def admire your truck black mamba! Hope mine can look that good one day!!

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Make sure you get before and after pics!

15. OP
    seriouscoin1

seriouscoin1 New Member

K I did the tbar lift. I torqued it all the way then turned back about 1.5 turns to keep it from maxing out. Appears almost level with the back now and looks great. I will try to post pics, but I took the before and after pics at different levels :( So its barely noticeable. Oh well.. Also finished spark plug wires on the passenger side :thumbsup: