1. AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

Just put some 265/75 BFG ats on my stock height ranger. They are not rubbing at all but id like to throw a leveling kit on just incase. Added a noticeable height difference to my truck but I forgot to measure b4 hand to get the exact inches. I did notice my truck didn't handle, stop and accelerate as well which I figured but all I did was change the tire size in my superchip flashpack and all of that was fixed in sceonds. So far I'm very happy wit:thumbup:h the tires

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. greenmachine2000

greenmachine2000 New Member

4. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

Nice. We need pics

5. OP
    AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

Need to get better pics but this is What I have.

6. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Looks good man, just crank up the torsion bars to level the front

7. OP
    AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

I cranked them when I first got my truck 3 years ago and I forget how many times I turned them so I'm kinda iffy on doing it any more

8. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

Crank them all the way!! There's no other way to gain clearance ... Unless you body lift or drop 1500 on a superlift

9. Hurley

Damn your not kidding when you say stuffed

10. OP
    AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

I'm thinkin getting torsion bar keys, a very small body lift and cutting the fenders bout 3 inches and throwing some bushwhackers on. Cuz now that I'm at this size I'm not the type of person that goes smaller but it is my daily driver I have my xj for the trails.

11. 3" body lift and crank the torsion bars all the way. Torsion keys are worthless and cause more problems than look good.

12. Hurley

Screw the torsion bars, just body lift it

13. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I agree with this guy^^^. Cranking the torsion keys only causes problems and then you gotta have your front end aligned. Thats an extra $60-$70. A good BL will clear those tires. But that tire set-up looks awful similar...

[​IMG]

Would mine be classified as "Stuffed"?

14. OP
    AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

Yeah is say urs are also stuffed hahaha

15. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Iv been debating doin a BL on mine. It just sucks cuz its still under warranty lol. But I have a feeling the warranty will go away when I put cab lights on it too...

16. OP
    AGreager18

AGreager18 Member

Mine is an 04 I bought it used and now has 130,000 on it so I don't think I have a warranty to worry about. I kinda wanna go for a pre runner look so not sure what I wanna do yet to get the extra clearance

17. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Check with member Douyouquaxo he is all about the prerunners!

18. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

Crank your bars. Given that your truck has high miles, you may be in need of new torsion bars. Presently, she's really nose diving.....BADLY.

Here's my truck back in '04 with 265/75R16's..... very minimal torsion crank with 35k on the truck...
    [​IMG]