Stuck on defrost

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by kjohn2007, Jul 13, 2012.

1. kjohn2007

kjohn2007 Keith

I have a 99 ford ranger with the 4.0. I cant figure out why my ac is stuck on defrost. i just got done replacing the switch and didn't make a difference at all. I was wondering if it could be the blower motor or something else.

Thanks

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. maranger

maranger New Member

your truck has a vaccume style system, your goin to need to start by checking your vaccuume tank and also if your tank is not at fault then check the rest of the system. the reason it is stuck on defrost is so that if your system fails in the winter then you will still be able to see through the windshield so it dosent fog up. i hope this info helps

4. pooleo

pooleo New Member

There is a small black line coming from under the heater fan in the engine compartment. Follow it to where it junctions and trace down any leaks.

You will need to remove the air box and the coolant box.