Slip n' Sliding!

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by Mayguy, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Mayguy

Mayguy New Member

I just picked up my new truck yesterday after having the body sealed, and undercoat put on under the truck. While they had that done, I had the dealer put mud flaps on the front wheel, and floor mats.

I get into the truck, the floor mat was slipping all over! I went back in, and mention this to the guy, and he said with those floor mats with the stuff plastic spikes it has nothing to grab onto vinyl floor (XL Cab). I asked what he would suggest to stop that, and he said you could do double sided tape, but I refuse to put tape on my floor!

I came home, and I had a small rubber foam grip that is used in the kitchen drawer, and that didn't help much at all.

What do you guys use for mat or keep them form slipping all over in your Ranger XL?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

I think that anything less than adhesive used on that floor will be a waste of time and effort.

Go to WallyWorld and pick up some rubber floor mats that are flat rubber on the bottom and they will not move around nearly as much. My neighbor has an '06 F150 XL and he has mats like these and they do not move unless you actively try to move them.

4. OP
    Mayguy

Mayguy New Member

Thanks Len,

Are we talking about the rubber floor mats used in car or front of a door?

5. Lenn

Lenn Semper Paratus !!

Car. Sorry.

6. OP
    Mayguy

Mayguy New Member

Thanks!

I'll venture into Fleet Farm on Monday and see what they got, I try to stay away from Wally World if I can.

7. OP
    Mayguy

Mayguy New Member

Figured give an update.

I didn't want to buy the 4 packs floor mats, but I figured I'd try the shower rubber foam mat, and that did not help!

I'm tempted to find an after market carpet for my truck instead.

8. Try using a rug pad

Try using a rug pad...not carpet padding which is made of foam pieces. It is white and a mesh pattern. I use this stuff under a rug in my living room that sits on a wood floor and there is no slip at all. You can attach the pad to your mats with double back tape. You can get it at Lowes hardware

9. RangerBrad06

RangerBrad06 New Member

I'd say use velcro on your floor and mat. The adhesive would be easily removed with brake cleaner or something of that type.

10. abigaillozano

abigaillozano New Member

Hi there, if you want to prevent slipping all over your car, rubber is really the material to go especially for floor mats for trucks. I replaced mine with a set from the brand weathertech. It is a well-known brand and so far, no slippage! :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011