s8demon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s8dem, May 14, 2009.

1. s8dem

s8dem s8demon

US car buyers are taken for fools. The Ranger in the rest of the world comes with a 3.0tdi, which is so much better than the 4.0 gasoline engine. This claimed emission controls in the US is a joke in any case as the rest of us have experienced American cars and it is junk, when compared to the rest out there. It is time that the local buyers take their manufacturers and congressmen to task and ensure that you share in the technology available to the rest of us Ford fans.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Jon

Jon Administrator

Welcome....

no really, tell us how you really feel. :)

4. OP
    s8dem

s8dem s8demon

Hi John, thanks for the welcoming note. I am moving to the US this year and cannot really contemplate living without my 3.0Tdi. Mine was done by SAC in South Africa and runs like a dream, with torque high enough to tow a caravan, without ever needing to change down. I drive Audi cars, an S8 is my family saloon but have always driven Ford trucks and have driven the F150 and, as nice as it is, logic tell me that the diesel Ranger is the way to go. I achieve nearly 700k,s, that is about 400 miles on an 80 liter tank.

5. Jon

Jon Administrator

Those are some nice cars! I can see how you would get frustrated coming to the US with our restrictions on the diesels. I've always thought the diesel engines are a great way to go and have been frustrated that they haven't been available in the US. Hopefully that will change.

6. brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

Yeah what happebed to the vw rabbit my friend had a 78 diesel that got 58 mpg and he drove it like he was mad at it!

7. OP
    s8dem

s8dem s8demon

We still produce the Citi Golf and Caddy truck, based on the old Golf1 and are selling these alongside the new Golf6, Polo etc. You can buy a Caddy truck (bakkie in Afrikaans) with a 2.0 engine, this little vehicle topping 200 (132mph) and it is still a little stalwarth and loved by South Africans:yes::rolleyes::eek:

8. brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

132mph!!!!!

I don't know what the speed limit is in Africa but if you drive 132 mph in texas and are not a cop or polititian, They (the cops) will beat you like rodney king, taze you, beat you some more,charge you with resisting arrest probably say the word terrorist send you, to Guantanamo Bay for enhanced interrogation and tell your wife they don't know where you are!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! JUST DO WHAT THE REST OF US DO get drunk and drive slow ( it's only a $2.000 fine and 3 days in jail.(first offense ........Good Luck with your American Dream!:blink::D

9. OP
    s8dem

s8dem s8demon

Hi Brazos, the speed limit on our highways is 120 kph (75mph), but only for those who notice. Thay do have speedtraps but the cops charges you R100 ($12) if caught, payable in cash, on the spot. You just have to read the press, on our new President Jacob Zuma, who believes that corruption is okay, as is rape. All you do, should the woman have aids is have a shower and you will be ok

10. brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

Americans are treated like uneducated fools who can neither count or remember what happened yesterday (and they accept that treatment). I used to think I was a little above average intelligence and there were a few morons(or crooks) in washington. I have revised my opinion of late! I must be a genius and washington is full of MORON CROOKS! However there is a group of diabolical geniuses pulling the strings of the Moron Crooks.

11. Jon

Jon Administrator

I think most Americans just think those people, who think they are uneducated fools, are jealous.

Also, who wants to spend their energy trying to manage someone elses opinion of you? It's a waste of time and energy with no guarantee of success.

12. OP
    s8dem

s8dem s8demon

Hi brazo, i do not believe I will have a problem with my American dream, when in the States you find yourself adhering to the speed limits and, asll othjer regulations. It is just an Adfrican thing, it seems to be cool to break the law, that is also the biggest reason why you find so may South Africans ib America nowadays.
    Jokes aside, clean diesel seems the way to go and, until America addresses that, the smog problem will exist. 40 mp/g always seems nicer than 14 mp/g

13. Jon

Jon Administrator

It makes no sense that they do not allow some of those clean diesels in the states! I just don't get it.

14. brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

Good Luck s8dem!! I hope you find your American Dream.:yes: