running lean

Discussion in '3.0 Engine' started by Captured Time, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

i cant get past this and its hurting my bank roll bad.. the old rig has been running lean on banks one and two and i dont know what is left to do.

here is wgat i have done thus far

1) O2 censor's replaced

2) checked all vacum lines

3) checked the air intake

4) checked fule line to fule rail. ( left it unconected after head replacement ooopppss)

i just dont know what it could be any thing i will try just to fix this with gas over 4.25 here i need to get it fixed..

i took it to two difrent shops and got the old BS its fixed give us our money and its not so im just a bit P\O

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

If you're running lean that means there's too much air in the system. I'm willing to bet it's you EGR valve that's took a ****.

4. OP
    Captured Time

i will give that a look ove and replace heck it cant hurt

5. ZRanger28

ZRanger28 Got boost?

could be your injectors are dirty. not as much fuel is spraying as it needs to be

6. gcextreme

gcextreme GCEXTREME Vendor

Hey i was getting a P0302 #2 Misfire and a P0174 Sys Too Lean (Bank 2) errors.
    I was having issues getting up past 60/65.
    This just happend Sunday.
    I changed the plugs yesterday, cleaned the MAF and PCV, and im getting a new fuel filter. An added some Fuel Injector cleaner.

So far my CEL hasnt came back on.

Let me know if you get your issue resolved.

I have been told it may also be the following:
    Catalytic Converter
    02 Sensors
    Coil Pack / Plug Wires
    EGR

7. OP
    Captured Time

i have no prob going over 65 but i did clear the CEL so we will see lol