Rotor swap or wheel spacers to go to 4.25 circle?

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by DeanKelly, Mar 26, 2012.

1. DeanKelly

DeanKelly Member

With the most recent mod I installed a 97 T-bird IRS. Now the rear wheel bolt pattern is 4.25. The front is still 4.5. Should I see if I can find front rotor/hubs with a 4.25 bolt circle or use adapters to change the bolt circle?

Does anyone know of a Ford vehicle with the same rotor specs as a 96 2wd Ranger that has a 4.25 bolt circle?

I would swap the rear hubs, but at $200 each from Ford that is a little steep.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

I would try to find some universal wheels (5x114.3 and 5x100) with both the same bolt pattern. Would be your best/cheapest option.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  4. OP
    DeanKelly

DeanKelly Member

That is a good idea. Thanks. Years and years ago when I worked as a mechanic I always hated unilug wheels, but this might be the solution I need.

5. Brinker88

Yea, definitely the cheapest solution available.

6. cookiemonster

cookiemonster New Member

5x4.25 is actually 5x108 not 5x100....5x108 is the volvo bolt pattern aswell as thunderbird, taurus,windstar....etc Your best bet would be to get adapters...adaptec would be your best bet or ebay....you can pick up a set for under 100 bucks

7. OP
    DeanKelly

DeanKelly Member

Wheel pattern

I will research out the best solution for me. Thanks for your help. I will keep this updated as I go.

8. Brinker88

Thanks dude^....Wasnt quite sure what the bolt pattern conversion to metric was.

9. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Dude, get pics up, i wanna see the IFS

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. I make myself feel stupid sometimes.

10. Brinker88

Badass, huh?

11. 01B3000

01B3000 ORIGINAL Portable Seizure

Yea it is.

12. OP
    DeanKelly

DeanKelly Member

Thanks for the compliments. Give me time and will get a lot better.... Looking at the pics I have seen of your trucks, you guys have done a lot of excellent work!

13. rangerwheelinmike

rangerwheelinmike New Member

wheel adaptors are bad news! my buddy had his tire fall off twice becouse of them!

14. Brinker88

Wheel spacers are bad news only if you dont get the hubcentric ones. Combine hubcentric spacers with steel locknuts (NOT nylon lock nuts) you will never have a problem.

15. OP
    DeanKelly

DeanKelly Member

I think I am going to go with the hubcentric adapters, I will use the steel lockwashers. I found the wheels I want to use. 2001 Lincoln LS factory polished aluminum. They look really good, 16".