rollover

Discussion in '1998 - 2011 Ford Ranger' started by brazospete7, Jul 29, 2009.

1. brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

my 1998 ford ranger was rolled a few days ago the vehicle remained running through the wreck but after it was shut off it wouldnt start again or even turn over..we flipped the reset button and tried it again and to no avail..does anyone know what else to try.btw the vehicle wasnt dammaged that badly just the roof of the truck and the passanger side front fender and door...if yall know anything about this please lemme know.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Fuel Shut Off

I have a 98 Ranger and it has a fuel shut off safety switch should the truck get into an accident like a rollover. Is that what you reset?

4. OP
    brazospete7

brazospete7 New Member

I m stiil not sure why or how to fix it but when I shorted across the starter solenoid the engine started right up so I wired a jumper wire from the solenoid and I don't have to jack the truck up and get under it to start it. Testing is under way but so far every thing is working except the starter circuit. Engine sounds fine, no check engine soon light, no obvious leaks, Brakes and steering seem alright. It sure isn't pretty but except for the rear window which popped out but didn't break it's a really crappy looking little truck.