replacing o2 sensor

Discussion in 'Maintenance Shop' started by mcdonald58, Feb 27, 2013.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

well my check engine light came on and i had my dad scan the codes and it came back as a bad o2 sensor. does anyone have any tips for replacing one? i think im going to get a bosch sensor. it seems like a pretty basic procedure.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. djfllmn

djfllmn ^^^ I am Mr. Clean!

really the only thing you have to worry about is getting the old one out...they can be a royal PITA

4. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

yea i bet especially on my truck. i bet its rusted in. ill probably bring it to my school shop where i can get it up on the lift and have a lot more tools.

5. adsm08

adsm08 New Member

Tips for removal? Torch.

Tips for installation? Use the whole can on anti-sieze.

6. klinger86

klinger86 Moderator

yeah they can be a pita on mine when i bought my truck the first one was bad and we couldnt get it out so i took it to an exhaust shop and had them burn a new hole and put a new bun in and thats where its been since...

7. SalRanger2

SalRanger2 Ranger Lover

yea if it was me, id spray it down for a couple days and see if you can get it off. if not just take it somewhere

8. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i cleaned my maf sensor and the code went away. so i dont think ill have to put in a o2 sensor