removing windshield wiper

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by mcdonald58, Jul 7, 2012.

1. mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

i want to remove my windshield wiper assembly and paint it since its starting to chip. its the part that you put the wiper onto. how do i remove this? do i have to take my dash apart?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Look at the base of the wiper arm where it connects. There is a small clip, using your finger or small pliers, pull it outward and lift the base off the mount. Its a basic pop on and off but the clips sometimes are hard to pull. Sometimes they do get stuck on there, I had to use a towel and a small pry bar to lift mine off.

It should look like this once its off, WITH the nut on it, I had mine off in this shot
    [​IMG]

4. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

alright thanks i found the clip ill pop it off tomorrow.

5. buggman

buggman Do not touch the trim!

With mine, I flip the wiper arms up, that takes the tension off the clip thingie & you can pull it with your fingers.

6. OP
    mcdonald58

mcdonald58 New Member

thanks for the help guys i popped them off now they are drying. the hard part will be putting them back on without scratching them.

7. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

Cool dude just wrap them in a thin towel when you put them back on