RCD Lift Kit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hurley, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hurley

Hurley Superultramegalurker

So I was gonna keep it a surprise but I got a stupid question. I am buying a 5.5in RCD lift this month but before I buy it I wanna make sure 100% that this will also lift the rear. Here is the lift I'm buying http://www.ranger-forums.com/showthread.php?t=127302 can anyone help me out?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. If it has leafs, it'll lift the rear. It should come with 2" AALs and 3" blocks from what I was told by the rep.

4. Taylor

Taylor Roman 1:16

It should come with the stuff to lift the rear. Ive got some RCD shackles, and they are told to give 3" of lift.

5. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

Dang, heck of a deal lol

6. OP
    Hurley

I just don't wanna spend that much money and find out its only for the front.

7. OP
    Hurley

There are pics on like the third or fourth page

8. Taylor

The lift shackles are sitting in the middle of the towel.

So your good.

9. I thought RCD stopped making the 5.5 kit?
    how old is this kit? for 1200.00

10. Black mamba

Black mamba The mannnn

They are discontinued , but they are a good lift and hold up reallllyytt well! And if your worryed about rear lift, autozone sells shackels for 15$ ... 3 inches

11. Taylor

1200 is a GREAT deal for this kit.

They are getting harder to find, because that are such great kits. C/O and everything.

12. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

The kit comes with AAL's and shackles to lift the rear, just ask the seller if those components come with the kit when he sells it. Also make sure he includes the pinion angle correction wedge shim also.

13. OP
    Hurley

Well he is selling me everything shown in the picture. I have no clue what the angle correction wedge shim is or looks like. Is it in the pic?

14. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

The angle on these are a little extreme but they go under your leaf springs to correct your pinion and driveshaft angle to eliminate the possibility of a shimmy in the rear.

[​IMG]

15. kozal01

kozal01 New Member

None of his pics are showing up for me

16. OP
    Hurley

There on page 5

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  17. OP
    Hurley

So will these work? He said they came with the lift and say rcd on them
    [​IMG]

18. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Yes that's what you need bro

They need a hole drilled in them it looks like so the center pin can go down through it

19. looks to me that there is, it's just taped over holding a washer on or something.

20. El Camino Man

El Camino Man Thank The Lord For BBFs!

I want one of these lift sooo bad! I saw it on another members truck and its sa-weet!

21. OP
    Hurley

Ok thank guys