raising up the ranger

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by Captured Time, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

this came up over in the off topic thread and it sounds like it could be done but i would like to ask some of you guys that do this kinda stuff. can i use F-150 F250 F350 or even some dodge's shock mounts and shackle mounts leafs and with some weld work would this work as a lift?

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

This sounds like a Brinker88 diagnoses!!

4. ^x2 I heard you can stuff an F-350 suspension underneath our trucks, but it requires a lot of work.

5. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

Wtf are you talking about doing?

6. Taking the suspension off of an F-series and assembling it on his Ranger. Is it possible as an option of lifting?

7. Brinker88

What suspension? Front or rear? Either way it's dumber than Clinton saying he hates ranger's.

The F150s have IFS, same as the ranger's. You couldnt affor to make the front of an F150 work on a ranger and make it plausible. As for the front of the F250's and 350's is either a D50 or D60 straight axle. Sure you could do it. It's called an SAS, people do it every day.

As for the rear, the spring rate of those heavier trucksr will make your truck ride like an f-ing dump truck first of all. Second, you would have to COMPLETELY tear all the hardware off your frame to add all new hangers and shackles (which means drilling holes in your frame). THIRD you MIGHT gain 2-3 inches of lift when all your dumbass coulda done was gone out and got a fu cking add a leaf for a hundredth of a cost. Yes I said (1/100). FOURTH the leaf springs are way too long for your truck so your hangers would be out at the end of the frame. FIFTH you wouldnt be able to flex worth ****. SIXTH, you would need to weld wider spring perches on your axles to accomadate your wider springs.

80-96 2wd F150s have 2.5" leaf springs as do the newer 4x4 F150s, but your still in the same boat you were in w/ the hangers. Shackles are the same. It's pointless.

8. I think that covered it lol Damn man, you get fired up over $hit haha

9. Brinker88

Nah, that aint fired up. That's the Cap'n talkin

10. lol

Well Justin, looks like your idea got shot down like a nazi fighter jet haha

11. Fx4wannabe01

Fx4wannabe01 New Member

BUT....you CAN swap on TTB F150 components onto a TTB Ranger by moving the mounting locations. This will get you an extra wide stance and somewhat long travel. Call it a cheap asses prerunner setup. There's a couple Rangers running around my town with that setup.

12. Brinker88

Yea, they're all IFS here bro.

Only thing using the D44 TTB setup is that you have to relocate your coil buckets out a little farther. Either way you look at it, it's not a cheap solution, which is what they were looking for.

FWIW, you can also swap D44 TTB knuckles/hubs onto the D35 TTB for extra strength. You will have to get bolt pattern adapters for the rear as the front will be 5x5.5n now

13. OP
    Captured Time

Captured Time watch this and hold on

what if i? how bout this? can i do? if i swap this? would this work?

damn looks like you covered every thing lol :yes:
    i take that as a slap in the face to me and my family

14. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

We DO have an open chat thread