Question

Discussion in '1993 - 1997 Ford Ranger' started by Marc, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Marc

Marc New Member

Hey guys. I am about to buy my first ranger. It's a 1995 4 banger, 5 speed 2wd. What things should I look for? Are there any rust spots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Tonyroy1

Tonyroy1 New Member

Keep the oil changed and use 1 quart of Lucas oil supplement...this is the best vehicle you will ever own....Mine getting ready to turn over 350,000 miles....Only problem ever was a $16 fuel pump relay fuse located under the hood.. I love my Ford Ranger 4cyl 2wd...

4. ZappyBear

ZappyBear Member

On my second ranger, I have noticed a common occurence between the two I have owned and currently own. And on the ones I do oil and tires on at work. The leaf hangers and shackles rot out. I saw one ranger where someone never replaced the rotted out one and it rubbed a hole through the bed. Not sure what happens when a front hanger fails. Another thing, i don't know if the 4 banger manual tranny is heavy enough to cause an issue, but I know on 4.0l 6 bangers the fron't springs will sag, you'll notice it especially on twin beam rangers. It'll mess up your toe and camber.

5. Richief

Richief New Member

Yep, rear shackles, mine were done before i got this truck. Bushings in front end, i just bought radius arm bushings cuz they are flexing at crossmember, and got the ibeam pivot bushings too, just because its 22 yrs old and never been done. The motors have good rep, and if not smoking you should be ok with reg maint. Timing belt breaks no biggie as it’s a non interference engine. I get a slight stumble sometimes when starting off from a full stop. I am not sure what that’s about yet, and won’t let it bother me till i do a full tune up first, and see if it’s still there. The chassis and body is better shape than i thought it would be for rust. Drivers rear wheel well is about it on mine, under neath bed and cab is vg.