Question about Tools

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Otto042, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Otto042

Otto042 New Member

What would I need to be able to unbolt everything on the front of a 99' Ranger?

Hit a Deer and need to save money on repairs. I have experience in engine repair, but not body work. Its pretty much all cosmetic though. Just need to swap out the plastic bar that the hood latches too and get a new plastic grill. the radiator was untouched fortunately.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

All you need is a socket set. It's almost all bolt on applications and it is very easy.

Welcome to the site

4. Freemans 00

Freemans 00 Active Member

I recommend using and impact gun on your bumper some times those bolts are a pain. I hope I hit something and tear my bumper up

5. OP
    Otto042

Otto042 New Member

Thanks. that'll make the trip to the junk yard tomorrow a bit easier if I just have to bring the basics.

6. Brinker88

Brinker88 Black sheep o' the family

most of the bolts are 5/16. Make SURE you have that and a 10mm as well as varius screwdrivers and/or prybars.