Question about Super Springs

Discussion in 'Suspension Tech' started by hp_addict, Feb 2, 2013.

1. hp_addict

hp_addict New Member

I just put a set of SSA8 Super Springs on. I used the upper hole of the springs to install. Took vehicle for a ride, no noises or negative effects. Was stiffer for sure.

Ride Height:
    Stock: 48.5" (measured over centerline of rear wheel)
    Super Springs: 50.5"
    Empty Trailer (dual axle open car hauler): 49.5"

Going to test with car on trailer today. In any case, is there a recommended setting on the SS? Upper hole, lower hole? Any pitfalls to watchout for?

Thanks.

2. Ranger Forum Sign Up!

Join RangerForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Ranger fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Ranger Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Ford, and have a great time with other Ranger fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Ford you'll find that Ranger Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join RnagerForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    hp_addict

hp_addict New Member

Here are the results. I wonder what would happen if i moved to the lower position on springs.

Top of bed went to 48" when fully loaded, only 1/2" less than stock with no springs. Probably a good height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Hooligan

Hooligan Rangerholic!!

If you're talking about a rear helper spring location, I have seen them to into the middle of the leaf pack

5. OP
    hp_addict

hp_addict New Member

Sorry, I meant I have the Super Springs on the stiffest configuration.
    I wonder if I moved them to the other bolt hold, the looser position, how much the rear end would drop on the truck.

3000lbs Addition at stiffest position? I wonder what they are at the other?